This web site was created to provide resources for early childhood professionals and the trainers providing professional development for them.
With the strong focus on early childhood education in recent years the EPQ Project is striving to meet the needs of teachers who are continually working to better serve young children. As the EPQ Project continues to grow, content will be added and revised as appropriate to meet the changing needs of teaching professionals and trainers.
As you explore this web site, you will find a wealth of information including:
- Video examples of children and teachers in classroom settings that relate to specific
- Iowa Early Learning Standards (IELS)
- Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards (IQPPS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and Accreditation Criteria
- A page for Trainers with resources to support their work
Although this work is based primarily on Iowa standards, the information contained in this web site is useful to early childhood professionals, consultants, or professional development providers outside of Iowa. The video examples illustrate high-quality preschool practices and will reflect the standards adopted by most states.
The EPQ Project was developed to help early childhood professionals and trainers achieve ever higher levels of excellence. You can help the EPQ Project achieve this by sharing your suggestions on how we can improve via our comment form.